Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, 23 April 2011

Current Works in Progress- Simple Pleasures

This one is Simple Pleasures, a sampler design by Faby Reilly. It's just a quick project that I have on the side!

This is in Cross Stitch Gold this month and I liked the saying.
















The only fabric I had in my stash was a very pale blue aida. I decided to change the thread for the lettering to a variegated red from DMC. (Excuse the hoop marks)


I'd like to point out this is my first go with Variegated and I learned so much from just doing the lettering.











There are so many new stitches for me in this sampler and its the main reason I've added it to my WIP'S. There are diamond eyelets throughout and I've very pleased for a first attempt here!! I changed the colour of them to Krenik Periwinkle.













After my first go with the variegated I gave the border a go. I'm following the line round with my stitching and doing each stitch individually even if they are on a line. This gives the design more flow and by doing each stitch one by one it gives the colour change a more gradual effect.

No comments: