Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, 2 September 2011

Yiotas cross stitch kit review.

So I was asked really nicely to review a kit before I went on my Holidays by the lovely Yiota and well who am I to refuse such a generous offer!

After going through some very lovely designs I settled on a Mucha. As everyone can tell I love to stitch pretty ladies (I really dont know why....) and Mucha's art is full of them! So after sending my selection to Yiota I went off to Finland.

When I arrived this was waiting on me!!!

It came in a do not bend envelope and wasn't squished at all when I got it, that's all been me lol!!

The picture is not too clear on the front but I think its just the fact its a highly detailed picture on a small space.

In my plastic packet there is also......








PRE-BOBBINED DMC baby!!!! Excuse my excitement lol!!! I'm a floss away bag girl purely because I'm lazy so this is awesome!!! All bobbins are clearly marked and pristine.

The provided fabric is 14 count aida, I'm really not an aida girl and I'd prefer an evenweave option but I really don't know if that would be feasible on a business side...



The chart is over two A3 pieces of paper and are the standard symbol chart. The top page looks like a lot of info at once I don't know if its me or if doing it over 4 A4 pages would be better? Also it would be easier to make working copies off of A4 pages. (you should see me trying to make working copies of Mira charts! The girls a work stand and laugh at me)

That could just be my personal preference though!!!










Beautiful Kit, Beautiful design, speedy delivery, great value for a £21.90 kit and a wonderful lady to work with!

Thanks to Yiota for this opportunity.

2 comments:

Yiotas Cross Stitch said...

thanks for the review! Just to clarify that the threads are Madeira, not DMC. Also there is an option in my site for people to download the pattern which comes in A4 pages. If you want the pattern in A4 pages let me know and I will email it to you :-)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely gift! My personal preference is for A3 sheets. I don't like swapping bits of paper and like charts which have a big overlap of the pattern.
Luckily our church office has an A3 photocopier and only charge 10p a sheet so I get my working copies done there.