Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

IHSW April and Shenanigans

I didn't stitch as much as I'd have liked this weekend! I was injured! I've mentioned on here before I play Ten  Pin Bowling competitively and I had a tournament on Sunday. It's always a risk when you bowl that you can burst the skin on your fingers and I did on the last shot of the day took a gook chunk of skin off my thumb. It's usually no big deal but I couldn't hold scissors! So I started unpicking Waiting for Ships and eventually had to give up until I heal. I did however get some more ToT beading done!
 I'm really not sure about that top lines of beads. I've made a mistake somewhere and the swirly line of beads is supposed to be longer. I'll leave it as is at the moment and decide what I'm going to do with it when I finish. I'm leaning towards taking the whole top line out and leaving the two swirly ones!


And now onto the Shenanigans portion of the evening! Anyone else have one of these sticky blue mats that stop beads from rolling about (I believe I've heard them being called sticky bobs???)  Well the oldest of my two brothers discovered mine last night and thought it highly amusing to throw it (without beads) at the windows and at one point my face to see if it would stick, he missed thank god but it was a close one! However he let out a maniacal laugh and ran with it, fearing the worst I tore off after him. Bear in mind my brother is a 24 year old man, he threw it up the stairs landing at the highest point of the ceiling...
 It stuck....
really really well in fact....
until  he panicked that mum was coming home and she'd see said sticky mat stuck to her newly decorated ceiling!!!

He he!!! The next JE RR piece is here!!! Thats my plan for this week!!!!

13 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

It seems we have two things in common! I'm a competitive bowler in my home city too and I stitch. ;) Love your fairy. It looks great.

Jen

Bea said...

That's an awesome looking fairy.

valerie said...

Congrats on your ToT Fairy finish! I love her on the fabric you chose. Too funny how your brother threw the tacky bob onto the ceiling. I hope you got it down before your mom came home!

Astrid's dragon said...

Love, love, love your fairy and the fabric is amazing! I'm working on mine and now I'm thinking maybe I should have chosen something a little brighter after seeing yours.

As for your brother, sounds like something my boys would think is funny... I guess they never grow up!

Anne said...

Gorgeous fairy! I love the swirly beads and the pretty fabric! What a mischievous boy flinging your beading mat up onto the ceiling!!

Karen said...

Naughty brother!

Veronica said...

LOL! That's hilarious. I love the picture of him on the stairs looking up. It's called a Tacky Bob by the way ^.^

Trick or Treat Fairy looks really amazing. I think the swirl of beads look fine. As long as you like it, then leave it. It will, after all, always be uniquely yours :)

Hugs,
Veronica.

Minnie said...

OOOOooooooo! Somebody's going to get it when mom gets home. Sometimes the kid in us all comes out:-)

♥ Nia said...

Gorgeous work :)
hahaha now you know something new about your sticky blue mat.. it stitcks ceilings too :p LOL

Ewa said...

LOL Boyfriend and I had a good laugh over this.

milly said...

Hi

Your fairy is looking great.
Got to laugh at your brother!

Valentina said...

Love your ToT! My boyfriend is a 31 year old man but he likes jokes just like your brother!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love your Trick or Treat Fairy!
Kepp that boy away from my Round Robin though LOL.