Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, 16 April 2012

Its IHSW again!!!

Can't believe its April already!!! So with the JE RR finished and away I've got time to work on my own things! I'm at a loss as to what to work on!

Was looking through some older WIP's that had got put to the back of my stash drawers and pulled out Waiting for Ships. I started this a while back and while I love the design I only ever did a little bit of her. While I was looking at her and cringing at the thought of all that Kreinik I realized I had used two strands of the Kreinik (including the thicker braid). I think this is where my loathing of Kreinik has came from!!! I believe I shall spend this IHSW frogging Kreinik and I shall try again!!!


6 comments:

Ewa said...

I don't think Kreinik is SO bad as long as you use the thinnest one (I think it's #4) and short lengths. Good luck!

Andie said...

I have heard of quite a few people using the #4 instead of the #8 that was originally used. When the pattern was released the #8 colour wasn't available in #4 :D Ughhh no wonder you hated it if you stitched with two strands! :D Love the fabric, Looking forward to seeing some progress :D

Jennifer said...

I have chosen you for the Liebster Award- Sorry if you have already received it!http://twinklestitcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Tammy Bergeron said...

wow love the fabric!!

Claudette497 said...

That is a beautiful fabric! 2 strands of Kreinik would make me hateful too - I'm glad you're giving this design another chance; it looks like it will be beautiful!

Joysze said...

Oh dear..... did you end up frogging over the weekend? I hope it wasn't too horrible. :(

I'm with the girls.... try #4 and shorter lengths. Also, before you stitch, tug on both ends of the length to straighten it out. It won't kink as easily once straightened.