Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, 6 August 2012

Devastated really isn't the word....

I've had the worst disaster I've EVER had stitching...

Was working all day on PQ. It was may day off work and I had nothing planned so I decided a stitchy day was in order. That and I wanted to try out my new Opus floor stand....

 As you can see I got loads done on the shading of the leg, but when I took her off the stand to look at the full effect I found this...
It wasn't there when I started this morning. I can only think it's got caught on one of the bolts that hold the clamp tight. It's so near the stitching I've no idea if it can be saved...

You know the saving grace was that it was one of my own pieces that it happened to thank god it wasn't Steph's RR.

Can't believe it.

10 comments:

Karen said...

Ouch!

If there is any space at all between the hole and the farthest stitch out to the right, I would stitch some muslin over it and put a mat as close as possible on when you frame. Make sense? Email me if it doesn't.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I've just looked at the finished picture and you'd need a shaped mount to do that, even if you left the treasure chest off her leg sticks out too far.
I'd stitch a cartouche with "Pirate Queen" on it on a separate piece of fabric, cut it out and mount it then when you frame the piece stick it over the hole.
Good Luck!

Michele said...

A palm tree cutout, (something that a scrap book maker would use to create a card setting). Mat the work as you would then attach a palm tree or a pirate motif to compliment the piece with it's framing. It will save the piece and give it some extra charm too. But don't give up on it...just too far to chuck it. She's so pretty.

Kim said...

My heart goes out to you, I wouldn't know what to do, but the suggestions from the other girls sound great. (((((Hugs)))))

Shebafudge said...

I have to admit I wouldn't have a clue but all of the above sound like they could work.

I can understand how upset you must be - what a disaster!

Mangogirl said...

If its not.too big maybe a Button of some sort over the top so that its a feature
great progress though.

valerie said...

Oh no! How terrible! She is looking so lovely. Perhaps you can use Jo's idea? It's a nice solution...

Anonymous said...

There is a way to weave threads from the outside of the fabric to cover hole. I've seen pieces were this is done and you can't see the spot at all! If you are interested I will try and walk you thru the process!
Cathy

Minnie said...

I'm so sorry this happened, I love this piece. I hope one of the suggestions will help you save her, don't give up her.

Ptc said...

I am so sorry about! It's so terrible! The Art in your post looks so real !